Suntuitive Dynamic Glass. It’s Thermochromic!
Our thermochromic technology offers all the advantages of dynamic glass plus additional benefits such as noise reduction, added safety, and customizable design options.
Dynamic Glass benefits without the hassle.
Suntuitive Dynamic Glass’s unique thermochromic design means no wires, no tricky installations, and no need to program your glass. Easy to install, Suntuitive starts working upon exposure to direct sunlight.
How it works.
Throughout the day as the sunlight heats the Suntuitive Dynamic Glass IGU, heat from the sunlight warms the window. Suntuitive IGUs always have an outboard pane, laminated with a thermochromic PVB interlayer. This interlayer becomes warm and tints as a result, effectively tinting the glass as needed, in direct proportion to the intensity of the sun. As the sunlight recedes, the glass and interlayer cool, returning the glass to a clear state. Suntuitive Dynamic Glass is the only glass in the world that can intuitively respond to sunlight!
Benefits of Thermochromic Dynamic Glass.
The PVB interlayer is the thermochromic component of the design, allowing the rest of the glass to be customizable. Using a thermochromic interlayer has several benefits.
- No wires. The thermochromic interlayer means the technology is self-contained and requires no power source or programming.
- Easy install. Suntuitive Dynamic Glass installs the same as conventional glass/IGUs. The glass is perfect for use in operable windows and doors and is a great solution for retrofit projects.
- Easily Customizable. Choose from various colors, exterior tints, shapes, sizes, low-e coatings and more.
- Works with the sun’s energy. Thermochromic technology adapts to the intensity of direct sunlight, and tinting is always directly proportional to the sun’s heat.
- Keeps room bright. Even when the interlayer appears dark, the interior of the room will remain bright, allowing for optimal daylight and daylight autonomy.
- Low reflectivity. Suntuitive Dynamic Glass has the same reflective properties of conventional glass.
- Safety glass. The PBV interlayer is always laminated between two pieces of glass, offering the added safety of laminated glass to every Suntuitive IGU.
- Noise reduction. The laminated construction of a Suntuitive IGU offers additional noise reduction benefits.
- Passive technology. Thermochromic glass is a self-contained technology and requires no power source, making it a passive technology. The dynamic glass also works to maintain thermal comfort and works well within passive buildings.
- Low maintenance/ no manual interference. Thermochromic dynamic glass has the same maintenance and cleaning as conventional glass. This wireless self-contained technology means no manual interference- a truly set it and forget it product.
- Cost. Thermochromic dynamic glass is among the most cost effective of all dynamic glass technologies, even when considering the customizable options.
- International Fabrication. Suntuitive’s thermochromic interlayer design and Pleotint’s relationships with international glass fabricators allow Suntuitive Dynamic Glass to be fabricated internationally, saving on shipping while reducing waste and carbon footprint.