The Durability of Dynamic Glass
Durability is key in building materials and of course the same goes for the durability of dynamic glass. That is why we have submitted Suntuitive Dynamic Glass to the most stringent of tests. And to give you the utmost confidence when choosing Suntuitive, we stand behind it with our warranty.
Real World Experience
The Suntuitive team has well over 30 years of experience in the development of durable chromogenic devices and has leveraged this experience in developing our Suntuitive interlayer, which is the active part of our dynamic glass technology.
Additionally, since our first field installation in 2010, Suntuitive IGUs have been installed in over 450 buildings in 25 different countries. This real-world exposure to a broad range of environmental conditions has not led to any observations of decreased performance. So, when it comes to the durability of our dynamic glass, it’s simple: we guarantee it!
Testing, testing and some more testing.
From the first Suntuitive installation, now nearly a decade ago, we were determined to guarantee the long-term durability of or our dynamic glass. To support these efforts, our technology has gone through vigorous testing, both internally and independently at Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory (LBNL) and Architectural Testing Inc (ATI).
To this day make-ups of Suntuitive Dynamic Glass Technology have:
- Completed 8,000 hours of accelerated aging testing under ASTM E2141-06
- Completed 2,500 hours of accelerated aging testing at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and QLab Corporation
- Passed Impact Test: CPSC 16 CFR 1201
- Passed research Hurricane D-missile impact and cycling tests (ASTM E1886 and ASTM E1996)
- Passed Forced Entry Test: UL972
- Completed Acoustic Test: ASTM E90-09
- Completed ISO 12543-4 (Laminated Glass) – Includes bake, humidity and radiation (exposure) tests.
Powered by Suntuitive
It is important to note that no other dynamic glass technology has been as widely adopted worldwide as Suntuitive. A large, international network of glass fabrication partners has chosen Suntuitive Dynamic Glass technology to power their dynamic glass IGUs.